Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s included in the cost of registration?
Entrance to all educational sessions, the welcome reception, trade show breakfast and lunch on Thursday and the Leadership Forum breakfast on Friday as well as refreshment breaks throughout the day.
- Who qualifies for the CPS Member registration fee?
A paid member of the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) in good standing.
- Is there an early bird registration rate for the conference?
Yes, you can register at the early bird rate until March 31, 2017.
- Are all meals provided?
The following meals are provided for registered conference delegates:
- Wednesday – Health breaks and Welcome Reception.
- Thursday – Breakfast, lunch and health breaks in the Trade Show.
- Friday – Breakfast at the Leadership Forum and health breaks.
- Saturday – Health break.
- What if I have a food allergy/intolerance of some sort?
Please be sure to include information about your allergies and/or intolerances when you complete your online registration. The convention centre catering will do their best to accommodate in this regard.
- Can I bring a guest to the Welcome Reception on Wednesday, May 31st?
Yes, guest tickets will be available for purchase through the online registration site. Tickets cost $45. In addition, this allows your guest to attend the Opening Ceremonies.
- Can I pay less if I only attend one day of the conference?
Yes, we have a one-day rate. You can learn more by going to the registration page on this site.
- How do I register for the conference?
You may register online through this website. Simply go to the registration page and click on the “Register now!” button.
- I am having trouble getting started with the online registration.
Please visit the CPS conference registration webpage: http://www.annualconference.cps.ca/registration-information. Click on the “Register Now” button on the right-hand side of the page. Select “New Registration”. Complete your selection and click “Continue” to proceed to the next page. Instructions on the top of each page will guide you through the process.
- How do I pay?
Our online system only accepts payment via credit card. We only accept Visa or Mastercard.
- How can I add/cancel one of my sessions or edit my contact information in my existing registration?
You can return to the online registration site, select the “Modify Registration” button at the bottom of the page and then enter your email address and last name. You will then have access to your current registration.
- I have already registered, but would like to register an accompanying guest. Can I do so?
Yes, you will have to contact the CPS office at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the conference team will be glad to help you.
- Can I get my registration refunded if I need to cancel?
We can refund registrations, less an administration fee, up until April 17, 2017. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to give refunds after this date because we have already confirmed meals and other expenses with the convention centre.
- Can I pay on-site?
Yes, we do allow on-site registrations and payment. You will need to go to the “New Registration” kiosque and staff there will be able to assist you. We only accept Visa or Mastercard on-site.
- When does registration end?
The online registration officially closes on Saturday, June 3, 2017.
- Why can’t I register a group?
In an effort to better track our attendees and provide proper technical assistance in the case that you experience any issues within the system, we require that each attendee to be registered separately. Also, in the case that a registration needs to be corrected or cancelled, this makes it easier for us to identify the registration record and address your needs immediately.
- Can I transfer my registration to another person?
No, registrations are non-transferable. However, we can refund registrations, less an administration fee, up until April 17, 2017.
- Where do I pick up my badge?
Registration will be located in Ballroom A (main floor) of the Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building. The Registration desk will be open:
- Tuesday, May 30 – 1200-2000
- Wednesday, May 31 to Friday, June 2 – 0630-1700
- Saturday, June 3 – 0730-1000
- Where can I find my confirmation number?
The confirmation number is a combination of numbers and can be found in your confirmation email.
- If I purchase a dinner ticket but can no longer attend, am I able to get a refund?
Yes, we can refund tickets up until April 17, 2017. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to give refunds after this date because we have already confirmed meals with the restaurant.
- I have misplaced my registration record/receipt. How can I obtain a copy?
You can return to the online registration site, select the “Modify Registration” button at the bottom of the page and then enter your email address and last name. You will then have access to your current registration. You will need to go through each of the registration pages until the “Registration Record” page, where you can then print your receipt.
- Are there any continuing education credits available for this conference?
Yes, the CPS will apply for MOC Section 1 and Mainpro-M1 credits based on the current schedule. The conference website will be updated once this information is available.
- How can I obtain my Certificate of Attendance?
A Certificate of Attendance is available for all delegates attending the conference. An email will be sent to you following the conference.
- After the conference, how do I submit my certification credits?
If you are a member of CPS and have provided your RCPSC ID number when you registered, CPS will transfer your earned CME credits to the “Mainport” subsite on the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada website. You will then need to return to the site to accept the credits.
- I have a question that hasn’t been answered. Where can I ask?
Feel free to email email@example.com. A member of the conference team will be glad to help you.